Valentine’s Gift GuideFebruary 4, 2019
Oh, The Changes We’ll Make by Jill FoucréJune 30, 2020
Dear Loyal Customers of Marcel’s, Marché, and Maison,
Like many others, we want to take a moment to tell you about how we are addressing the impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19), the changes we are and are not making to our business, and how we can help each other during this time.
First and foremost, we have always had the highest standards of sanitation in place in all of our operations. So, we have taken this opportunity to reinforce them through:
- More frequent sanitizing of key surfaces
- Requiring frequent and thorough handwashing of both employees and customers in our classes
- Make gloves available to customers to wear while working with food
- Ensuring staff does not come to work if they are ill
- Provide additional hand sanitizer for customers if they wish to use it
- Monitor the advice and guidance of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO) and train our team
After thoughtful consideration, we have decided to continue to run all of our scheduled classes and events as planned. Our class sizes are relatively small and we are confident in our processes and procedures to keep everyone health and safe. However, we will suspend our 72 hour notice for cancellation requirement for those who are ill and will offer a store credit for those individuals.
In addition, we are suspending all “communal” sampling at both stores and will not be serving any food family-style in our classes.
We have always been happy to do curbside pickup at both stores but want to reinforce this now — whether it is a special something from Marcel’s (call us — we’ll help you choose something!) or your cheese board or to go orders from Marché, place your order in advance and we will run anything out to you.
Lastly, here is what you can do to help us:
- Stay home if you are ill
- Practice good handwashing and sanitation measures when taking a class
- Remember that it is perfectly safe to be in our stores and in downtown Glen Ellyn – if you choose to dine out or shop, please support your local businesses. We need you. Please consider that when making your choices.
We will stay on top of this and communicate any changes to these decisions as necessary. Thank you for your loyal support — and let us be the place you can come to see a friendly face, talk about something different, and reinforce your sense of normalcy. Let’s be here for each other, in our community.
Please let us know if you have any questions or feedback. We welcome your comments.